Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights


Club Captain

Status: Offline
Posts: 530
Date:
Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


Recently spoke with a Bromley supporter who told me that everything Mark Goldberg is doing at Welling is almost exactly the same as he did at Bromley, the over 30's night no(flopped) the fundays noflopped). I hope that it will work out and it will be a success and generate money for the club. But to be honest I can't see it working



__________________

 All postings lubricated by The Door Hinge Ale House 11 Welling High Street



Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1262
Date:
Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


Sadly like any other initiative the club does, the club never seem to want to advertise it to Joe Public. Then the club scratch their heads as to why the initiative failed.

If people don't know about it then they won't turn up. Simple.

As I stated in a separate thread, with their no longer being a Danson Festival we could have got a decent turnout at the fun day with decent publicity. Shame.

__________________


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1262
Date:
Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


Well I was in mcdonalds drive through in crayford earlier and car behind me had one of the flyers that were around the bar on saturday under the windscreen wiper..so must they are doing something.

Past mentality yes, but we have new MG and his family are business people and it seems like lauren his daughter is working hard to get these things up and going.

__________________


Admin

Status: Offline
Posts: 2002
Date:
RE: Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


WingsTillIDie wrote:

Sadly like any other initiative the club does, the club never seem to want to advertise it to Joe Public. Then the club scratch their heads as to why the initiative failed.

If people don't know about it then they won't turn up. Simple.

As I stated in a separate thread, with their no longer being a Danson Festival we could have got a decent turnout at the fun day with decent publicity. Shame.


 It's been spread over social media quite a lot (Something you used to shout about all the time). A few friends of mine have also heard about it in various places. I think the club have advertised it quite well.

As for the over 30's nights. Who knows, it might take a while to get going but i think it will be good. Whatever happens it will bring in more money than the bar being closed and probably quite a bit more cash than the quiz would have generated.



__________________

Welling United FC. Banging on the walls of Woking dressing rooms since 1963..



Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 4249
Date:
RE: Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


Polo wrote:
WingsTillIDie wrote:

Sadly like any other initiative the club does, the club never seem to want to advertise it to Joe Public. Then the club scratch their heads as to why the initiative failed.

If people don't know about it then they won't turn up. Simple.

As I stated in a separate thread, with their no longer being a Danson Festival we could have got a decent turnout at the fun day with decent publicity. Shame.


 It's been spread over social media quite a lot (Something you used to shout about all the time). A few friends of mine have also heard about it in various places. I think the club have advertised it quite well.

As for the over 30's nights. Who knows, it might take a while to get going but i think it will be good. Whatever happens it will bring in more money than the bar being closed and probably quite a bit more cash than the quiz would have generated.


 Mark Goldberg has phoned the local papers and I have sent them the flyer and a short write up about the fun day. I believe News Shopper has mentioned it on the back page today but they could not print the flyer as it would constitute free advertising. I've heard nothing from the Bexley Times.

Kent Sports News told me that they will upload the piece I have done for them, plus the flyer. I will send a link if I see it before heading off for Cornwall tomorrow.

If anyone believes that there has been no effort at publicising the event, I'm sure Mr. Goldberg would be happy to discuss what else could be done.



__________________

I know I'm biased. What's wrong with that?



Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1262
Date:
RE: Wings Bar and the plans for Friday nights
Permalink  
 


Danson Mark wrote:
Polo wrote:
WingsTillIDie wrote:

Sadly like any other initiative the club does, the club never seem to want to advertise it to Joe Public. Then the club scratch their heads as to why the initiative failed.

If people don't know about it then they won't turn up. Simple.

As I stated in a separate thread, with their no longer being a Danson Festival we could have got a decent turnout at the fun day with decent publicity. Shame.


 It's been spread over social media quite a lot (Something you used to shout about all the time). A few friends of mine have also heard about it in various places. I think the club have advertised it quite well.

As for the over 30's nights. Who knows, it might take a while to get going but i think it will be good. Whatever happens it will bring in more money than the bar being closed and probably quite a bit more cash than the quiz would have generated.


 Mark Goldberg has phoned the local papers and I have sent them the flyer and a short write up about the fun day. I believe News Shopper has mentioned it on the back page today but they could not print the flyer as it would constitute free advertising. I've heard nothing from the Bexley Times.

Kent Sports News told me that they will upload the piece I have done for them, plus the flyer. I will send a link if I see it before heading off for Cornwall tomorrow.

If anyone believes that there has been no effort at publicising the event, I'm sure Mr. Goldberg would be happy to discuss what else could be done.


 Fair enough then.



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard