Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: A fresh and exciting future


Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 452
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


So there's been a change of ownership of which many people have called for on here and on social media, there's going to be investment in the team and significant ground developments  ive had endless conversations with the new chairman and he's absolutely buzzing to get things going. He's got plenty of ideas of how to take the club forward, how to reach out to the community,  he also knows people that NOW would like to put sponsorship opportunities in place. So I think now its up to us fans to back him and the board, they need the fans to come back that have stayed away, bring family and friends to boost tge crowd attendances, spend money in the Wings bar rather than the pubs. Its not rocket science but a lot of people have wanted a change and now its happened !!!

Its now up to the fans to come together and back this new regime 



__________________
N Jones


New Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Very Well said Nigel I agree the fans asked for a changed and theyve got the change so lets get the Wings family back together and show support to the players, fans, staff and everyone at the club! #WingsFamily.

__________________
JC


New Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


I note that the website names the operational board. Does this mean that there will still be some non-executive directors listed at Companies House.

__________________


New Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Also I asume that we will get more academy players in the squad next year which will be a good thing.

__________________


Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 391
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


I am very glad to see thar Gary Fiore is on the Board which will hopefully mean that we have a direct and in encumbered route from the Academy to the 1st team squad. Something that appears, for one reason or another, to have been missing over recent times,

__________________

 

In three words I can sum up everything i've learnt in life; it goes on.



Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 309
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


RonF wrote:

I am very glad to see thar Gary Fiore is on the Board which will hopefully mean that we have a direct and in encumbered route from the Academy to the 1st team squad. Something that appears, for one reason or another, to have been missing over recent times,


 Not just Garry but also Brett Smith who is the new vice chairman. 



__________________


Youth Team

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


This is not a change of ownership........... this is moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Fiore has had a hand in for years. Same with Smith, and Mein represents WUSA....so what's new?



__________________


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


A bit of a reality check needed here I think, a new operational board does not mean a change of ownership. Who actually now owns the club that the revised board will run? The purse strings may still be held by MG.

Having said that its still all positive and all the fans have to now do their bit and give Warren & the Board every supp.



__________________


Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 452
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Backpost wrote:

This is not a change of ownership........... this is moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Fiore has had a hand in for years. Same with Smith, and Mein represents WUSA....so what's new?


 Trust me ,there is no deckchairs on the Titanic, its a completely new regime and nobody is going to be still pulling any strings. As for Gary Fiore, he hasn't really been involved at the club since Brad Quinton left but he's back now so its not hard to probably realise why. The academy is fantastic, I was at thier presentation open day yesterday and it was brilliant, Gary and Brett plus the rest of the academy staff are doing a fantastic job and anyone that was  at the Dartford Kent Cup game witnessed 4 academy lad's that grabbed thier chance of playing for the first team and we played possibly the best we've played this season. Ive spoken to the new chairman and this week we are going to sit down and record a vlog  where  all will be revealed regarding the ground improvements plus a interview for the podcast to discuss his and the boards vision for taking the club forward 



__________________
N Jones


Youth Team

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


N Jones wrote:
Backpost wrote:

This is not a change of ownership........... this is moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Fiore has had a hand in for years. Same with Smith, and Mein represents WUSA....so what's new?


 Trust me ,there is no deckchairs on the Titanic, its a completely new regime and nobody is going to be still pulling any strings. As for Gary Fiore, he hasn't really been involved at the club since Brad Quinton left but he's back now so its not hard to probably realise why. The academy is fantastic, I was at thier presentation open day yesterday and it was brilliant, Gary and Brett plus the rest of the academy staff are doing a fantastic job and anyone that was  at the Dartford Kent Cup game witnessed 4 academy lad's that grabbed thier chance of playing for the first team and we played possibly the best we've played this season. Ive spoken to the new chairman and this week we are going to sit down and record a vlog  where  all will be revealed regarding the ground improvements plus a interview for the podcast to discuss his and the boards vision for taking the club forward 


 Sounds like the usual "ground improvements" ........change is coming "new set up/manager/player/investment" - which sounded great until we stayed up three years running thanks to a pandemic. Really thought there was going to be new ownership, but the announcement of "operating board" is nonsense.

 
QUESTIONS:


Who owns the club? 

What is MGs involvement or ownership now?

How much debt is the club in?

 

 

 

 

 



__________________


New Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


According to Companies House website the current directors of Welling United CIC are Mark Callahan, Mark Goldberg, Barrie Hobbins and Matt Mein.

The other members of the operational board are not named as directors. Although some are obviously directors of the other Welling United company (the academy).

__________________


Club Captain

Status: Offline
Posts: 788
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Hi all,

Quick update, I can assure you there are wholesale changes.  Investment is in place and we are busy working through a pretty big list of things both on and off the pitch.

 

As said before the board is still being finalised with more announcements to follow.  Changes to people on Companies House do not happen in an instant as does registering the changes with the FA.

This is the most proactive board I have worked on and would urge everyone to try and get behind it.



__________________


Youth Team

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Matt The Hat wrote:

Hi all,

Quick update, I can assure you there are wholesale changes.  Investment is in place and we are busy working through a pretty big list of things both on and off the pitch.

 

As said before the board is still being finalised with more announcements to follow.  Changes to people on Companies House do not happen in an instant as does registering the changes with the FA.

This is the most proactive board I have worked on and would urge everyone to try and get behind it.


 QUESTIONS:


Who owns the club? 

What is MGs involvement or ownership now?

How much debt is the club in?



__________________


Club Captain

Status: Offline
Posts: 788
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Quick answer MG is not owner or have ownership

When has any club shared its debt position other than accounts in Companies House.

Backpost we are being as transparent as we can however you seem to be hiding behind a keyboard, is it another alias?



-- Edited by Matt The Hat on Sunday 15th of May 2022 04:28:49 PM

__________________


Club Captain

Status: Offline
Posts: 521
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Hey Backpost

As Chas & Dave said Aint No Pleasing You

Eyes forward and onwards if you can



__________________


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 5069
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


This is a big moment for our club...let's embrace it!

__________________


Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 309
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


MarkX wrote:

This is a big moment for our club...let's embrace it!


 I agree, I am turning into a glass half full rather than a glass half empty type of person. I do believe everything is going to work out well next season both on and off the pitch.



__________________


Youth Team

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


MarkX wrote:

This is a big moment for our club...let's embrace it!


 

Agree with that - If MG has truely gone, that's something to embrace....and a big moment with some of the names listed as operational directors are proven business people.



__________________


Youth Team

Status: Offline
Posts: 58
Date:
RE: A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


Spud wrote:

Hey Backpost

As Chas & Dave said Aint No Pleasing You

Eyes forward and onwards if you can


Hey Spud,  Eyes forward and onwards, because we've had more redevelopments than Sainsbury's and everything else has just been Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit.....



__________________


First X1 Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 155
Date:
A fresh and exciting future
Permalink  
 


I very much welcome the news of change, and as I'm a glass half full man, I'll remain positive and look forward to more updates soon. I was never a MG fan but I also recognise it can't be easy to own a club at any level, especially given what has happened economically over the last few years. I think I'm being fair in saying that what MG said he'd do when he came in - he didn't achieve to any great level of success, which can be proven by our current league position and the current condition of PVR. However, Welling Utd under MG survived the pandemic when a few non-league teams didn't, he brought in some high profile managers which unfortunately didn't work out, and by the skin of our teeth we are still NL South. No doubt MG was instrumental in attracting the new investors and I guess we can be grateful that he recognised and acknowledged that his time was very much up.

Without any inside knowledge, I'm also positive because of a few recent and subtle differences from previous years - We are in Mid-May and we already know who our manager is for next season and therefore one can assume he has started work on building a team at the earliest possible point; At the end of Warren's appointment announcement it said "information about retained players will be announced shortly" which has never normally been forthcoming until very very late (so fingers crossed); the recent interview with the new General Manager David Cooke is very upbeat full of determination to ring the changes and he comes with good previous experience; recent social media posts from the club are positive and community focussed; and the clubs website post about board changes was entitled "An update from YOUR club" - just those few basic touches put together is a world of difference from the last few years, instilling some hope and pride after a very rough few years. It makes me excited for next season already.

Being picky (actually I don't think it is picky), I would like to see a welcome or introductory announcement from the new owners. It's not great that some on here are already refreshing the Companies House page to find out.

There are not many glory hunter Welling fans out there, we are battle hardened troops who I'm sure would just like to see the club become well organised with improved communications. Winning isn't everything :)

Onwards!

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard