Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Weather


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1095
Date:
Weather
Permalink  
 


This weather is very worrying regarding the situation with our pitch. It has always been a problem getting enough water on the pitch especially in hot weather. The first home game is a month away so I wonder if the pitch will be ready? Just commenting so  WDYPTC isnt the answer. 



__________________

Baile idir dha Abhain.



Club Legend

Status: Online
Posts: 1993
Date:
Weather
Permalink  
 


The club tweeted about two water tankers being installed the other week. Also I went past on a bus on Sunday, I believe it was Nigel I see out there with sprinklers on. It looked very green and the best I've seen it on years.

__________________

For the many, not just the few.



Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 402
Date:
RE: Weather
Permalink  
 


Riverstown wrote:

This weather is very worrying regarding the situation with our pitch. It has always been a problem getting enough water on the pitch especially in hot weather. The first home game is a month away so I wonder if the pitch will be ready? Just commenting so  WDYPTC isnt the answer. 


 Sprinklers were constantly being moved around the pitch today. In addition Jordans were working on the pitch both yesterday and today. It looks like some foxes have been attacking both goalmouths. However I did think some of the pitch looked greener today than it did last week. E&B are away on 6th so hopefully the first game on the pitch will be us on 13th.



__________________


First X1 Player

Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Date:
Weather
Permalink  
 


The park end 6 yard box is a mess. Looks like it will need to be relaid.
Tonights game has done the pitch no favours.

__________________


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1036
Date:
RE: Weather
Permalink  
 


Squarevanmanthesecond wrote:
Riverstown wrote:

This weather is very worrying regarding the situation with our pitch. It has always been a problem getting enough water on the pitch especially in hot weather. The first home game is a month away so I wonder if the pitch will be ready? Just commenting so  WDYPTC isnt the answer. 


 Sprinklers were constantly being moved around the pitch today. In addition Jordans were working on the pitch both yesterday and today. It looks like some foxes have been attacking both goalmouths. However I did think some of the pitch looked greener today than it did last week. E&B are away on 6th so hopefully the first game on the pitch will be us on 13th.


 E&B have a match on this Saturday



__________________


Playmaker

Status: Offline
Posts: 402
Date:
RE: Weather
Permalink  
 


OldOak2 wrote:
Squarevanmanthesecond wrote:
Riverstown wrote:

This weather is very worrying regarding the situation with our pitch. It has always been a problem getting enough water on the pitch especially in hot weather. The first home game is a month away so I wonder if the pitch will be ready? Just commenting so  WDYPTC isnt the answer. 


 Sprinklers were constantly being moved around the pitch today. In addition Jordans were working on the pitch both yesterday and today. It looks like some foxes have been attacking both goalmouths. However I did think some of the pitch looked greener today than it did last week. E&B are away on 6th so hopefully the first game on the pitch will be us on 13th.


 E&B have a match on this Saturday


 According to E&B twitter they are away to Lordswood. Doubt if pitch would be playable Saturday as Jordans were covering it with sand this morning



__________________


Club Legend

Status: Offline
Posts: 1567
Date:
RE: Weather
Permalink  
 


Wallop wrote:

The park end 6 yard box is a mess. Looks like it will need to be relaid.
Tonights game has done the pitch no favours.


 In fairness, Jordans have said the pitch still needs a couple of weeks' work



__________________
Graham
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard